View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #85 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaaa View Post
can you give me an idea of where/how the hot exhaust gets vented outside?
Sure first thing is to reduce the windows in the Centurion. The ones that are going to get deleted are the two side windows and the rear hatch window. These windows are not needed so I will be foaming them in and composite them into the roof piece. This will help further reduce AC and heating needs. There is window overload for a car the size of the Centurion in my opinion.

I will use scoops for not only the cabin venting but also the AC rear hatch venting. The Roof hatch vent will be from a Camaro SS Hood flipped so that it works as an exhaust rather than a scoop. This will be positioned toward the rear window break and the roof in a way that is streamlined so it smoothly transitions without bulging like in a hood scoop. There are two different sizes for the Camaro SS hood scoop. The mini size scoop is what I will be using and it is 30" long and 18" wide. This is big enough to properly vent the AC and fill in the rear hatch window void. I will be using an Kubota Orange decal like the decals used in the second and third pictures. The base color of the car will be black with Kubota Orange and white for details.

The side vents will help to vent the interior cabin space which is also needed. I am not set on which ones I will be using for this just yet as they do not need to be all that big. So still searching for these at the moment.

So that is the plan so far to deal with the air conditioner exhaust heat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Centurion Hood Scoop #1.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	18208   Click image for larger version

Name:	Centurion Hood Scoop #2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	18209   Click image for larger version

Name:	Centurion Hood Scoop #3.jpg