View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
00 Civic HX dome light

I usually keep my overhead light off, only turning it on when I specifically need it, but I am forgetful, and my battery died at least once recently when I left the dome light on long enough. Obviously, I need to not do that, and if I am leaving my car parked for a while, double-check. The battery was already over two years old and when I pushed my car to O'Reilly, the lady said they always die within two years in Arizona. Now I have a shiny new Costco battery with a three-year warranty.

However, I thought that if I replaced my dome light with an LED, if I happened to leave the light on, it would be less problematic.

I did not have any idea how difficult this would be for me, but years ago a friend said that Murphy's Law needed to be renamed in my honor. Several times, I had people tell me that they always enjoyed talking to me, because they made me feel better about their own lives.

Oh...

This is what Amazon told me to purchase:

This is what Honda specifies:

Can anyone tell me what size that is? I just see 5v12W. Also, do you just pull hard to remove the bulb? I have played with it, but did not want to damage anything.

I looked at superbrightleds.com and put in my car and which bulb I wanted to replace and it showed me this and two dozen others with multiple that would not shine in any usable directions:

Is a single LED as bright as my stock bulb?

Thank you very much for any assistance you may provide! Please enjoy your day!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Correct bulb.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	18220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wrong bulb.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	18221  

Last edited by Xist; 07-05-2015 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Adjusted images