View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #224 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
how

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmaycome14 View Post
How are you going to manage this without the suspension getting in the way? I'm really REALLY curious.
With the torsion bar front suspension up front,there's very little mechanism to deal with.The forward and rear well faces can drop,unobstructed to the belly pan.
The interior surface is already defined by Toyota's rubber curtain wall of which I can use all the existing attachment points to drop material right past the frame rails down to the pan,allowing just a few penetrations.The lower A-arm can have a pan section attached directly to it's bottom.A panel can be attached to the spindle/brake backing plates which will articulate through the wheel-flop.Rubber panels can displace as needed until the wheels center.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rears are a walk in the park.The leaf springs are well above the belly pan and panels will be easy there.There's a lot of real estate under there for curtain walls to drop. Part of a seal can travel with the axle itself which can slide within an air maze attached to the pan.Vertically,the axle only displaces 2-inches to the bump-stops.
If the rain would stay away long enough to keep my pit dry,I'd be able to get under there to do something.
BamZipPow (07-16-2015), whatmaycome14 (07-11-2015)