View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 12:32 AM   #87 (permalink)
bluesteel93
EcoModding Apprentice

Turtle - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 48.37 mpg (US)

SVO - '86 Ford Mustang SVO
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
Thought I would update my thread since I haven't been on the site for awhile. Finally went back to work a few months ago after recovering from my ACL surgery which means less time working on cars and more time focusing on real life. The car is still doing good though. My commute to work doesn't afford me as good of MPG's as my old route to and from physical therapy, but it'll have to do.

I did make a few minor changes to the car though... First, I took off my kammmback and put back on the factory spoiler. I didn't see huge MPG gains with it and it wasn't really fitting the style/look I had in mind for the car. I do plan on doing some work to it though, mainly cutting it shorter in both length and on the sides. It won't have as big of an impact aerodynamic wise, but I'll be happier with it.

Second, I installed a new muffler. This was purely for cosmetic reasons as I wanted a polished muffler that would compliment my wheels. I know what you are thinking... No it does not sound like all of the other civic's now. It is just as quiet as it was with the old muffler. But now it looks a lot nicer IMO. I got it for a good deal on Amazon too because it was a returned item, but never used. Here's a couple pics:

Next, I ordered a set of Raceland coilovers because I want to go lower. The Tein S-techs just aren't cutting it. When I do lower it though I'll be removing the front lip that I made for it. I've already banged it up a few times on dips entering parking structures, etc. and since its aluminum, it has a few bends in it now. I still plan on finishing the belly pan eventually too so that will hopefully be in the near future.

Until next time! Hope you all are doing well and it's good to be back on the site!