View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 11:17 AM   #50 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
I just got back from running our pop up with our 2011 Grand Caravan (3.6l 6 speed). The uncalibrated (I don't drive it enough to get that done) UltraGauge showed me getting under 20 in the real hilly areas with some maneuvering and 21-22 in the (relatively) smoother areas. The car's computer kept reporting 2-3 mpg higher, but even the UG's lower numbers are satisfying. You've got to love a TV that can have the second row seats up and still fit two full size bikes, two kids bikes, everything the four of us need for a nine day trip and everything else that my wife convinced herself that we'll need- and still see out the rear window (somewhat).

On a related note, just as back in the days of the old XJ Cherokee it is once again important to make sure you differentiate between the Cherokee and the Grand Cherokee. The Grand Cherokee (2nd Gen WK body) is a "real" SUV that pretends it doesn't share a platform with the Dodge Durango (WD platform because we're all like snowflakes!) The current Cherokee is the KL body, which is a Jeep Dart and has its own body code because you can't sell a Dart to people who are manly enough to buy Jeeps.

I wouldn't tow anything more with a Dart than I would with my Fit, even if you drop in a V6, lift it and call it a Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%