View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mifunego
EcoModding Lurker

The Taco - '99 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
90 day: 19.29 mpg (US)
New eco project - a new Cruze Eco?

Since our 2012 Mazda 5 was unceremoniously sent to the great scrapheap in the sky, thanks to an entirely undamaged H3, we've been surviving on public transportation and my '99 Prerunner Tacoma. We were very close to just taking the insurance money and not buying another car (i.e., the ultimate way to save money on cars), but our responsibilities have changed, and we will be driving three kids around for a while. Thus - the Taco won't fit the bill.

If the 2015 Volt had 5 seats, it would already be in the garage. But it doesn't, and if I want to take advantage of the insurance company paying TT&L on a new purchase, it has to be this week.

Scrounging the new & used lots for something we agree on, I found a new, never titled, non-demo 2014 Eco for about $16k. It has the PDC eco driver convenience package but not much else, option wise. It is an auto, but since the wife will be driving too, it has to be. I've seen positive feedback on the Cruze on this forum and elsewhere from actual owners, although not much lately here.

I'm thinking 16k for a starting point for a new Eco auto is a pretty good place to be. Any long term Cruze drivers here with updates?