View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
NicholaiMD
EcoModding Lurker

So I decided to make a litle update on my 1400 km trip last weekend. The trip was done over 2 days with 900 km the first day and 500 the seccond. I started of early saturday morning getting Okay economy 52 mpg's. However i was running short of time and had to speed up and my mpg dropped to 46 mpg. My average speed was 50 mpg and average rpm probably closer to 3000 rpms. This car would definitely bennefit from some higher gear ratio.. The seccond day i was also running short on time and had the same statistics.

About the mods.
I overinflated the tiers with 6 psi. A full upper grill block using clear tape. Taping minor aeorodynamical flaws in the front. Taped a back wheel skirt. Antenna deletion. On the seccond day i also made the rear wheels more aerodynamical using tape.

What i learned. The everything i did in the front worked great, the tape over the rear rims worked suprisingly good. Rear wheel skirts however did not work as planed. The tape was pushed in, on to the wheels by the air. I will try to post some pictures of this if you are interested when the forum allows me to add photos.

Future projects:
Using tape on the front rims to make them more aerodynamic. Creat a kammback using cardboard. Im also playing with the idea of investing in new slimmer tiers that is also taller. The tiers a relatively wide for the car, and im imagening taller tiers will lower the rpms on the engien?

Conclusion:
Im not satisfied with my fuel economy as I was aming for 60 mpg. Hopefully when im driving back at the end of september i have the necessery mods to achive my goal