View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 10:28 PM   #56 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
but you are ignoring basic evolutionary mechanisms
Please elaborate.

Because it seemed to me .. like you had done that ignoring of basic evolutionary mechanisms .. with the previous over simplification of fertility .. while ignoring all (non-fertility) factors that influence 'survival of the fittest'.

Quote:
I think you miss my point, and thus unintended consequences are made.
Perhaps.
Can you re-state / elaborate your point?

You've refused to answer some of my previous probing questions .. which makes it more difficult for me to figure it out.

Quote:
But perhaps since it will only be felt by future generations (like many other problems) you don't think it worthy of consideration?
Incorrect derogatory 'perhaps' about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack
I don't know of any reliable answers aside from conflict.
Quote:
I'm not promoting conflict , nor condoning it.
Please explain .. I don't see how the 2nd claim agrees with the previous ??

Quote:
Basic, how we got here, fundamental question (I got a million of 'em):
I'd like you to answer the questions I've asked you as often as I answer yours.

Quote:
should you personally care for your own kids more than all the others? equally? less?
'should' is very subjective .. and variable depending on specifics of desired outcome , context , etc .. Given that question I can think of numerous various potential answers .. 1st 3 that come to mind.

#1>
For the purpose 'context' of directly my own genetic contribution to the whole of the species .. yes I 'should' care for my own kids more than others.

#2>
However .. as a 'pack' animal it is a benefit to the pack if I cared for the other kids equally to my own .. that benefits the pack .. being a part of a pack benefits me and my kids .. soo in that context there is a potential evolutionary positive feed back that .. I 'should' care for them equally... but only others of my 'pack' , that are part of my 'benefit feedback'.

#3>
If my kid is about to murder/rape/etc someone else .. I 'should' ethically care more about that other innocent/good/etc kid than my own sadistic murder/rapist/etc.

etc ... etc.