View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 01:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Thatdippedstang
EcoModding Lurker

Alty - '16 Nissan Altima S CVT
90 day: 25.46 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dave View Post
I must be doing something wrong. I've only gotten under 25 MPG with my '07 ONCE.
My car has a combined of 20, and I live in the city. Not to mention when I got it there where 85k miles on it (november) and the plugs and wires hadn't been changed, ford recommends every 100k.

The tune put more air with the fuel and gave me better low end torque which is good for the city, and even the higher flow CAI gave be better mpg. Changing the plugs and wires (3 weeks ago) has resulted in better mpg without change my driving style. No

I just got my scangauge 3 days ago and just filled up, and it was my best tank 20.2 mpg. Having that display keeps my foot out of the throttle too hard when it's not necessary to maintain or gain slight speed.

And it being an automatic that torque converter, especially of that generation couoled with 1 less gear than the manual brother, does make quite a difference, but hey I've already seen results and that's with still giving the pony a little love when that light turns green on occasion.