View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 06:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cycle
EcoModding Lurker

An update on FrankenYager... the hybrid ceramic bearings are installed, the new taller rear gears are installed and worn-in, I've put 8.5 grams of 0.6 micron tungsten disulfide in the engine oil and 1.75 grams in the gear oil, I'm running a Pulstar HE1HT9 spark plug (which solved my cold rough idle problem completely), and I've installed a Wolverine 9.0 120 volt 125 watt 3" diameter block heater on the underside of the block, with a Westek TE06WHB digital timer with 20 timer events to turn it on and off... the Westek has battery backup that lets it go for months without being plugged in and it won't lose its programming.

I set the timer to turn on the block heater an hour before I go to work, and an hour before I'm off work. My average MPG over ~10,000 miles was ~65 MPG. The last fuel-up was 91.172 MPG.

That's without any other engine or aerodynamic modifications, so it should be pretty easy to reach my goal of 150 MPG once the engine mods, aerodynamic body and my inventions are fitted to the bike.

I'm going to be building a trellis frame for it, which will give me more room for my experiments and better mounting points for the new body, along with being lighter. It'll use a forkless front end for better handling.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cycle For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-03-2015)