View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Longsnowsm
EcoModding Lurker

Peaty - '03 Honda Insight

Jimmy - '07 GMC Canyon 2wd, Extended Cab, SL
I hope your right!

JRMichler, I hope your right, from your lips to God's ears! I have been lurking out on the 355Nation and on ColoradoFans and searching out fuel economy posts and it is frankly very depressing. This truck really doesn't look like it gets great economy out of the box from the factory and that is before folks go crazy lifting, tuning, changing, and driving it like they stole it. So I am getting a little nervous about the fuel economy from this truck. I guess I will find out soon enough what I am in for with this truck.

I am hoping that with a few mods like the tonneau, grill block, and lower dam that I will be able to stretch that out to about 30mpg at 60-65mph. I do a lot of highway miles when I have to use the truck so being able to stretch that fuel economy and cover some distance in a reasonable amount of time is the goal.

Since I am losing some carrying capacity with the smaller truck I am going to be looking into getting a small trailer that I can tow behind it for hauling and moving things that won't fit in the bed of the Canyon and give me some of the capacity to carry and move things back only when I need it. That is the game plan at the moment anyway.

I love your aero cap on your truck!