View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 04:54 PM   #187 (permalink)
Longsnowsm
EcoModding Lurker

Peaty - '03 Honda Insight

Jimmy - '07 GMC Canyon 2wd, Extended Cab, SL
Sadly they will use the excuse that the drone vehicles are all about safety, and lets do it for the kids. I will agree that is is quite likely that these self drive vehicles will be safer. However the whole element of big brother and bigger corporations managing, controlling, redirecting, or even shutting down your vehicle is very uncomfortable. And the element of hacking into a vehicle or worse yet they will end up tying these cars to a larger control grid that can be hacked and literally everything shutdown.

If these cars can remain autonomous then maybe it can be useful technology to make the roads safer, but I have my doubts and really think it is about the greater control over society in general... Yes, I just leave my tin foil hat on all the time... Keeps my head cool while I am driving around in my car with no AC on and the windows cracked... :-D LOL

I can see a day in a not so distant future where it will be illegal to sell a new car that isn't "approved" as a self driving vehicle. I don't think it is as far off as we think.

Longsnowsm
The Following User Says Thank You to Longsnowsm For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (07-22-2015)