View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
zf>allison
EcoModding Lurker

hard boiled - '96 chevy metro lsi
new here 1998 olds 88

Not the most efficient car, however my new job has had me wanting to improve mileage, I'm driving roughly 150 miles a day. About 10 miles of 2 lane highway and the rest interstate. The first thing I did was try to buy a chevy sprint, but I got so excited looking at it and talking to the guy about it he kept the damn thing, my dad used to have one so I'm attached to the idea of owning one. But anyway my 3.8 v6 oldsmobile is bone stock so far, however after blowing a rear tire and switching to some riviera 16 inch wheels with smaller openings in the wheel and bigger tires just on the rear - stuff I had laying around, I noticed a gain In mileage. Which got my gears turning. I have had 2 consecutive tanks of 28 mpg and 28.2 mpg so a small goal so far is to hit 30 mpg, eventually 33 or 34 to beat my buddy's civic that gets 33 lol. I got the car cheap so its already paid itself off 100 fold. I'm very open to cosmeticley changing the car for improved mileage, lowering and air damn. Anyway just a bit about me. I think I'll blend in very well, I get alot of people shaking there head at my crazy ideas and theorys, sorry if I'm slow I'm a high hp diesel guy this gasser stuff is foreign to me lol. Thanks and I look forward to terrorizing my oldsmobile.