View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Longsnowsm
EcoModding Lurker

Peaty - '03 Honda Insight

Jimmy - '07 GMC Canyon 2wd, Extended Cab, SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Andy View Post
1. Congrats! Those seem like spiffy little pickups, of the sort you won't find anymore.
2. Well they're truck owners, duh! Generally they have more money than sense (although I can see the appeal of a big truck, just not truck nuts).
3. Drop it like it's hot.
Thanks, I was looking for the most efficient truck possible to replace my big gas guzzler. So I was actually looking for a Ford Ranger in the configuration I wanted, 4 cyl, 5 speed, extended cab, 4x2, taller gear, limited slip, and towing package, and with a reasonable number of miles on it... Well it turns out that is a tall order! And I wasn't able to find one locally or in a long distance search. If I did find one the cost was outside of what I am able to spend.

So I started broadening the search and stumbled on the Chevy/GMC trucks. So far I don't think it looks like they will get anywhere near what the Ranger will for fuel economy, but it looks like an acceptable compromise. I was able to find the combination of things I was looking for at a price I could afford so now I have to go get it... I again could not find one locally which really stinks. But I do get to road trip it home and baseline how it performs, so that part is fun!

Yes, the truck forums are frustrating at times. They don't have the same focus that I do. I need a truck to be a truck, and I need it to do so as efficiently as possible. Getting that kind of info is hard. People think they need more than they do. My needs are modest, but modesty in the vehicle market seems to be missing... :-)