View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 03:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
Gombal
EcoModding Lurker

Well, ordered one from ebay a few days ago. I'm going to test it to see it for myself. I'm still wondering if it's the fuel temp or the air temp but it could also be a combination of the 2.
Got a scangauge, using Torque and Forscan on my tablet with a bluetooth obdII dongle. Forscan has the most visible pids, sadly no trending options.
If after testing for a couple of months i see no change i will implement fuel preheating. Had a W124 diesel Mercedes and still got the fuel preheat system of that car. Works with engine coolant and a thermostat.
Thermostat has a fixed setting of about 25 degrees celsius.
Sadly enough i can't read IAT2, the sensor after my turbo. So i put in a outside temp sensor in the aluminium egr plug so i can see whats happening. Not as fast and accurate as the real sensor but with only 1 mm of aluminium between the outside temp sensor and the hot pressurized inlet air it reacts pretty quick.
Sadly it only goes to 70 degrees celsius and then says HI but i now have a pretty good picture of the inlet air temp.
Ordered 2 temp gauges from china which should go to 125 degrees, then i can also see the 70 plus temps.
My car doesn't have an intercooler, Ford in it's immense wisdom decided it wasn't necessary so no cold air for my engine