View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #106 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

The ME0913 motor really transforms the Centurion and is the real game changer. I got pretty lucky finding it so cheap these often go for over $700 and upwards of $875. While these motors give a peak 30kw power rating many people have pushed them to 45kw without issue. With the Controller I am looking to use I should be able to achieve the rated 30kw at 72V and then some. That gives me a solid 40hp of pure electric power with the additional modified diesel engine power I will easily have a combined 60hp which is more than enough HP and torque to move me at a fair speed up any hill I encounter. By placing the emphasis on the electric side this will give me solid acceleration and power and leave the diesel for when I am cruising along at 50-60mph on the freeway.

Another cool benefit is that while I am in the city or during stop and go traffic I will not have to be shifting any gears as with the electric motor I can just leave it in 3rd gear and simply hit the throttle. This makes it really convenient as its a pain to have to shift often during rush hour. Most likely I will use a simple thumb throttle to control the electric motor. This will give me greater control of the power output. There is no room for a separate foot throttle in the Centurion. I thought about integrating it into the existing gas pedal and I still might actually since it would be easy to do but I like the idea of having the fine control with the finger. The foot has a tendency to get really heavy