View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
crexcrex
EcoModding Apprentice

Methylhydrate?

I strongly suggest that when you research any particular topic that you state all of the facts rather than select what you may think is appropriate to suit the occaision.

Methyl Hydrate in Model T'S, yes they did actually use it but then again mobil used it mixed with gas in the seventies i think that they called it MTBE, by the way it is also used in race cars gasoline, Methyl Hydrate and nitous Oxide.

What do you think is used in gasline antifreeze. PePsi Cola? was also used in ,Redstone to be precise to reduce combustion chamber temperatures.

I am not saying that it is a good idea to use Methyl Hydrate but it certainly comes in handy in cold climes for frozen gas lines as well as to dissapate water in the fuel tank or perhaps you would prefer walking in snow up to your ears and enjoy thirty below weather.

What i did state was that by adding methyl Hydrate to gasoline on could easily pass the air care by emitting less polutants and that i did note an increase in power. One liter per four gallons of gas unlike acetone which i have used and produced imaginary fuel reduction.

On the other hand Ethanol creates high levels of ozone at ground levels and the cool part is that one of the by products is Formaldehyde so if you are a non smoker get used to the idea that is what you are sucking into your lungs and you don't have to have a cigarette.

As far as I am concerned this matter re Methyl Hydrate is closed, when you research a subject do it well before coming off with what you think is stating the facts. My source try wiki encyclopedia plus i have used the stuff and will again this winter as well as when i have to pass air care and if you prefer that i don't forward a check for 250.00 so i can have a proffesional mechanic do the same whereas it costs me less than three bucks.

MTBE? quite possibly legal in your state............Ethanol? what do you think it does to your fuel lines even at 10 percent? happy motoring.

Subject is now closed