View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 02:43 PM   #37 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
That is excellent strategy: pander! Seriously. Not in jest. Although they already have a truck guy in Andrew Collins, so...

I have massive respect for Torchinsky for his take-down of the NY Times' scathing review of the Mirage. Because Beetle and Metro aficionados grok the Mirage. Pampered autojournos do not.

Sorry! Keep going OT.
Honestly, I don't know if pandering is going to do much. As you all know, I am a bit of a square peg sometimes (many times). The "reg'lar" bloggers for Jalopnik don't seem to read Oppo often either.

I think to make this worth it to me, I will just write whatever I like to, and if it gets featured, great. If it doesn't, maybe it will continue the dialogue.

I did appreciate the Mirage rebuttal, but consumers seem to be flocking to the car anyway because of its value. As someone said, many people don't realize that they don't need all the gadgets the 'mainstream' cars offer.

Now, I'd personally take that a bit further, but few would follow that reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Jason Torchinsky likes Beetles. If you want to do an aero-Beetle article you may re-use the 3D renderings I posted here. In fact, if you wanted them redone to order, that might get me off my b*tt.
Amen
As mused above, I don't think the Beetle stuff will even be seen by Torch, but if I find some really cool Beetle content and/or a finished build, I'd be glad to share it. So finish that boat tail and get us some MPG results!