View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 03:49 AM   #29 (permalink)
320touring
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafer65 View Post
The software is free online now? That's a great tool! The torque improvement is wonderful and it appears to be spooling up very early too. No worn out vacuum lines, stuck VNT veins or oxidized grounds in the engine bay it seems. Does that engine have the intake manifold shutters/flaps? My 2004 Jetta did. It always worried me that they might let go and get ingested into the engine. I see the antifreeze reservoir has the sensor where its above the fluid line so no worries about antifreeze in the wiring harness. Couple of the other things to check is the seal that keeps moisture from freezing the emergency brake in winter and the adjustable yoke that keeps the back brakes equally engaged or slacked. In a few months the glow plugs may need attention for cold starting. I would inspect the fans, fan control module and alternator nut as well. I could be mixing up problems from different years and models but I've seen many these issues in our cars here. Oh and lift pumps and transaxle boots are two other things I just thought of to inspect. You've probably thought of these things. Hope something here is helpful to you.
Yeah I had a quick glance over all the n75 valves and boost/vaccuum pipes before mapping. all seemed in order.

I'll need to get it on the rolling road to see what it makes.

next up is maybe to have a fiddle and see what an economy map looks like..

thanks for the hints and tips re what to look for-will peruse in due course!

US MPG for my Renault Clio 182

---------------------------------------------------