View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
imaudi5
EcoModding Lurker

Hondbeez - '92 Honda Civic VX

Hybreez - '05 Honda Civic Hybrid

IMAUDI5 - '95 Audi S6
Long time VX guy bought an 05 Civic Hybrid manual

Hello.

I never really posted on here but I've been on this site for quite a long time now. Been daily'ing a 92 Civic VX for almost 5 years now. Recently upgraded (or downgraded) to an 05 Civic hybrid manual.

Over the last 5 years and 100,000 miles, I've gotten as high as 64.1 mpg in the VX, and averaged around 45-49 mpg in the summer, 37-44 in the winter. Also, the car gets 30-35 mpg in the summer with the a/c on. No real mods, just keep it on the factory wheels in the summer and I ran 13x5.5 crx wheels with snow tires in the winter. She has 277k miles now, and is getting quite rusty unfortunately.

Just picked the Hybrid up. 1st impressions: Seem to be getting about 45-46 mpg with just mild hypermiling, with or without a/c. So the comfort level is nice as I don't have to suffer without my air on a hot day. Downfall is I don't think there's any way to come close to the VX's roadtrip mpg. But the creature comforts of the new car are much better. Plus it's rust free, came with two sets of wheels/tires, and a new IMA battery (not installed yet, the original still works fine).

I miss the highway mpg, the versatility of the hatchback, and the power of the VX (lol) already. Other than those things, the 05 is a much more superior car to be in. I still haven't sold the VX as it's been a great car so I'm reserving it for backup duty at the moment.

I may lightly ecomod the new car over time after I research more. Haven't decided what to do yet.

I really wanted to find an Insight but this car popped up at the right time and at the right price, and it's in excellent shape.

Last edited by imaudi5; 08-05-2015 at 12:58 PM..