View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
You do not EoC in a plane?

I feel that people just like criticizing others' driving and handwriting, or do people just criticize mine (constantly)?

I certainly make a concerted effort with both...

My elder sister just moved from California at age forty-one and Grandmother once commented how scared she was to ride with my sister. I was shocked that my sibling did not give Grandmother special treatment. I was not comfortable with my sister's driving until after I deployed, and Charlie, we had local nationals going under armored trucks due to their driving choices. An Afghan National Soldier gave the thumbs-up and died. The LHS was worse for wear, but the U.S. Soldiers were unharmed.

My other sister is bossy and controlling, never having her husband drive. One time, she asked for a ride, and when I arrived, I started to get into my own back seat, so that she would drive. She ordered me to resume the wheel and then complained the whole way to her house.

Once again I will mention my friend that was stopped for DUI just because she was a bad driver. She once drove myself and two other men in her 1990 Civic 20 MPH over the speed limit.

That is a great amount of cargo and she outweighed each of us.

Her check engine light came on and she did not even look spare it any attention from her phone.

As for seemingly everyone else on the road, driving seems to be a binary affair--either they are using the accelerator or the brakes, and they prefer the former.