View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 04:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspif View Post
Candy Crush isn't a reference for proper writing rules.
What is it good for?!

I have read that the Chicago Style Guide is the most extensive, but they charge to use it. I do not know about the others, but since I can hardly find anything on it, I would prefer to look in the largest haystack, although since everything that I see on style guides thus far shows years without numbers, I suppose that I have my answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Month/day/year is stupid.

I've never seen anyone list a year with a comma, and whoever taught you to do it that way lead you astray.

Stop using your sisters and mother as an excuse to delay writing your resume. Just do it, and attach a reward for successfully completing and submitting it. Don't partake in that reward until it's been completed.
When I joined the Army, I was told that I would always write dates 12 Aug 2015 and that is how I have done it ever since. Of course, I was then told a couple of different ways that I would always do it. On occasion, I need to use Month-Day-Group or something, which is specifically designed to be confusing.

I have been told to make my résumé reflect the job listing--if it lists ten qualifications, say that you have as many as you actually possess. I found a sample résumé, but aside from one job, it was absolutely minimalistic, perhaps barren, but eventually I found one job listing with at least fifteen qualifications, so I included them. I am just trying to fill out the rest of it.

My sister said that she excelled at embellishment and my other sister and our mom said that I needed to send it to all of them, but especially that one. I applied for my license and am waiting for it in the mail. I will start applying and submitting my résumé once I have my license and I still expect companies to tell me to wait until I have the other documents. I cannot apply for them until I have my license.

As for a reward, how about a paycheck? Or, wait until am paid to reward myself?

Like pay off my credit card...