View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 02:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Women who know everything.

When I was home on leave for Christmas, with just a couple of weeks left of Basic, some girl tried to argue with me about how boot camp, because she knew!

When I was in Germany, there were only a few singles at Church, and only one had a car, so she always drove us, when she felt like going. The ride was half an hour long and I tried to not say anything, because whenever I started talking, the girl driving would tell me that I was wrong. It did not matter the subject, things that happened at home, college, and my Army job, which was different than hers. I almost always talked about things she did not know, but I did not feel that I could say anything without her telling me that I was wrong.

Tonight, a neighbor asked if I wanted to go running, which was totally cool, especially because I had already ran today. We were walking back to my car and he was invited to watch a movie and asked if I wanted to go. In the car, she absolutely contradicted me about the career that I have chosen.

I spent two years studying it thoroughly. I was active on here, I studied, i tried to sleep, and I did little else. I finished over a year ago and I continued trying to learn about it, periodically looking for jobs, finally doing an internship, and looking for jobs again, but I was absolutely wrong because she "knew people."

Do some people just want to feel that others are wrong?