View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 01:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Longsnowsm
EcoModding Lurker

Peaty - '03 Honda Insight

Jimmy - '07 GMC Canyon 2wd, Extended Cab, SL
If the idea is that your car shopping then I would recommend you start with the fueleconomy.gov site for the EPA ratings for any vehicle your considering and round up your list of proposed vehicles that way. If you see someone post a great number here on the forum then lookup what they are driving on that web site and build your list. Generally speaking the better those starting numbers on the EPA site will give you something to shoot for some decent above EPA numbers with. You can filter on the gov site also for those that meet the mpg figures your looking for.

I typically keep my speeds 5-10mph below the posted limits on the highway, and I am not afraid to tuck in behind a drafting partner whenever the opportunity comes along. Around the city I tend to drive like you described.... Slow, try to keep moving, steady, time the lights, coast whenever I can. I however don't see the fantastic numbers that a lot of these good folks here do, I have a lot of learning yet to do. :-) Like others mentioned I really don't care what the other drivers are doing. They are in a constant state of "ticked off" regardless if I drive 105 or 55... So drive your drive and let the others lose their minds... You will see them at the next couple of lights anyway! LOL