View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman455 View Post
Did she think you're wrong about your career in some technical aspect, or wrong somehow for having chosen that career? You can't be "wrong" for choosing a career when that choice is arbitrary, personal, and subjective, unless you are arguing that you chose it for some objective reason (i.e. "I chose to become a marine art historian because the starting salary for marine art historians is one million dollars per year." "You're wrong about that." vs. "I chose to become a rutabaga farmer because I like rutabagas and farming them." "I can't say you're wrong about that, because that is impossible for me to know.").
I went running with a friend and as we walked back to my car, a friend of his invited him somewhere, and he asked if I wanted to come along. In the future, I will forgo her company.

She is also friends with an old roommate and I used to only know that he was home because I would hear her inexplicably loud laughter while I was studying or sleeping. I used to ask her to work on her inside voice, I was trying to study.

I told my friend something about looking for a job and she started talking over me.

My second Bachelor's is the undergraduate to become a Speech Language Pathologist (speech therapist) and I want to work as an SLP Assistant until I can earn my Master's, but there are far more SLP job postings than for SLPAs, and assistants are legally prohibited from doing many of the responsibilities of SLPs. I told my friend that SLPAs usually do not receive as many hours as their supervisors and his friend interrupted and started telling me how I was wrong.