View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 06:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
stiletto2
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
I know two people who struck dear with their automobiles.The dear penetrated the laminated safety glass windshields in both cases,and while the drivers weren't struck by the animal directly,they were driving blind,lost control,and totaled the cars.
No guarantees when we turn the key!
There was a video I commented on recently someplace where I said something to the effect of: The most dangerous and deadly animal to people in the US (other than other humans) is not mountain lions, bears, sharks, snakes or swarms of stinging insects... it is deer. More people are injured or killed as a result of some interaction with deer than with any other wildlife. Deer hunting accidents are only a very, very small portion of that. Vehicles make up the bulk of incidents involving deer. It is often because of loss of control of the vehicle from striking deer or trying to avoid hitting the deer. A long time ago, I almost lost control of a Helix I had at the time from running over the blood and guts that were still on the road after a recent deer/vehicle collision. Scary and deadly dangerous things those deer are for us riders.
The Following User Says Thank You to stiletto2 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-19-2015)