View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 12:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
triplerotor
EcoModding Lurker

Its good to have someone experienced in sem here. I understand its a highly technical comp and i know most participants mostly didnt really care about the unglamorous technical subject. as the previous team have failed last event. even the lecturer tells us most of the work have been done by him not the students. and we have pin pointed the problem and were actually being really anal about the fabrication. lol. i myself, as a car enthusiast understands the important of the technical view point as this is mostly where people ignore as they tend to focus on the glamourous part of it.
Actually We have planned everything including the simulation,design. We have passed staged 1 and on stage 2 now. currently were in the process of fabricating and awaiting the budget and materials to arrive. my point to ask questions here just to double confirm our choice and maybe there are some aspect that were missed.

we opted simple design and used parts that are from bikes,gokart to reduce the timeload rather than fabricating the gearbox ourselves.

for the chassis,we have opted aluminium 6063 tubing. and the steering mostly we refer tp the gokart steering design. theyre more detail about that but ill maybe share it somewhere else as this is ecomodder tyre topic. lol

btw, is there anywhere to contact you. as i have some other questions related to sem. fb email or anything. you can pm me if you want.