View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
ChewChewTrain
EcoModding Apprentice

True Blue - '89 Honda Civic Hatchback, 1.5ltr, 70hp, 4 spd, Base model
Team Honda
90 day: 47.19 mpg (US)

Shorty - '01 Mazda Miata SE
Sports Cars
90 day: 33.66 mpg (US)
She who gets the last laugh laughs best!

On a sparkling sunny day, I was driving my British Racing Green, Miata with the top down up the steep portion of a delightful, twisty, mountain highway. Mindful of my MPG game, my speed was conservative. Suddenly, a Tesla shot past me and quickly disappeared around the next bend. I could almost hear him say, "See ya, Slow Poke!"

After peaking the mountain, the downslope side of that mountain highway turned gravity into my playful friend. Any excessive speed wouldn't penalize my MPG. During my fun, I shot past a blonde in a convertible Benz. She could almost hear me say, "See ya, Slow Poke!"

About 25 minutes later, When I finally pulled off the freeway, a dozen city blocks into town I pulled up behind that same Tesla that had previously shot past me. I had a good laugh on him.

But soon afterwards, the blonde in the convertible Benz pulled up behind me. She got the last laugh on both of us.

MORAL OF THE STORY: What's your rush? There will always be traffic ahead of you that will slow you down anyways. Practically speaking, excessive speed doesn't really get you there any faster. That perception is ONLY in your head. Would you agree?

The Following User Says Thank You to ChewChewTrain For This Useful Post:
Joris (08-23-2015)