View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
ChewChewTrain
EcoModding Apprentice

True Blue - '89 Honda Civic Hatchback, 1.5ltr, 70hp, 4 spd, Base model
Team Honda
90 day: 47.19 mpg (US)

Shorty - '01 Mazda Miata SE
Sports Cars
90 day: 33.66 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
When I was home on leave for Christmas, with just a couple of weeks left of Basic, some girl tried to argue with me about how boot camp, because she knew!

When I was in Germany, there were only a few singles at Church, and only one had a car, so she always drove us, when she felt like going. The ride was half an hour long and I tried to not say anything, because whenever I started talking, the girl driving would tell me that I was wrong. It did not matter the subject, things that happened at home, college, and my Army job, which was different than hers. I almost always talked about things she did not know, but I did not feel that I could say anything without her telling me that I was wrong.

Tonight, a neighbor asked if I wanted to go running, which was totally cool, especially because I had already ran today. We were walking back to my car and he was invited to watch a movie and asked if I wanted to go. In the car, she absolutely contradicted me about the career that I have chosen.

I spent two years studying it thoroughly. I was active on here, I studied, i tried to sleep, and I did little else. I finished over a year ago and I continued trying to learn about it, periodically looking for jobs, finally doing an internship, and looking for jobs again, but I was absolutely wrong because she "knew people."

Do some people just want to feel that others are wrong?
Ok. I get it. Follow my directions to the "T". Here's what I want you to do:

Ya know how those three Americans sacrificed themselves by rushing that French terrorist on the train? We need you to make the same sacrifice for your fellow man.

I want you to marry the girl. Take her "off the market" so no other man steps on that "landmine".

Don't think twice. You're doing this for God and country.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChewChewTrain For This Useful Post:
chumly (08-23-2015), jamesqf (08-24-2015), user removed (08-23-2015)