View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 11:38 PM   #449 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Update 8/27/2015: Interior Complete (finally)

What's up guys, the interior restoration is finally complete. Planning to take the VX out to it's first "show" for Cars and Coffee here in Charlotte around the first of September.

Here's some pics. My thanks to Jay at Stitch2Fit here in Mooresville for his help with the upholstery work. The original OEM door card and armrest fabrics were re-used, with the addition of some "eco-green" stitch accents. As detailed in a prior post, the door card fabrics were first dyed from gray to black.

Prior to re-wrapping, I added some foam to the arm rest to give it a more plush feel. I found the foam in a package that was shipped to me. Turned out to work great!

I ordered a Sparco lumbar pillow off of Ebay, and had Stitch2Fit add some elastic bands to the back of it. It now works as a plush head rest, but mainly serves to handle an important safety concern I had with the seat. This older Sparco seat model has a very minimal amount of cushion in the headrest area, so I added this to help in case of an accident.

Jay from Stich2Fit also helped me to mend up the seems I had to remove in order to take off the splitters on the OEM bra. Nice and smooth now, for better aero!

Trip average has been 63mpg for inner-city short commutes. Highway average is pushing 85mpg. This is all on 87 grade gas, which I purchased completely by accident (haven't been to the pump with this car in a while, out of practice, ha!) I really want to take a long highway trip. I think I would stand a chance at breaking 80mpg on a good 150 mile run. I just don't have the time or need to travel in my schedule right now...

That's all for this post. More to come! Thanks for ecoTuning in!
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
BabyDiesel (08-28-2015), California98Civic (08-28-2015), vrmouseyd15b (08-28-2015)