Thread: Nissan VS FIT
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
SickMPGs
EcoModding Lurker

Crappy Gas Pipe - '84 Mercedes 300D Turbo 230k Miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrv6 View Post
My '93 Sentra Xe got a best of 49.97mpg with a slight bleed of propane into the engine via propane injector. Most of the time the 1.6 would hit 37-39 all day long. My recently acquired 02 Sentra XE hits 41 almost every trip I make to work and back (30 miles) If you are running 55mph, it should be doable. Had you played with any mixtures of acetone in your tank? I say this because my 200mile acetone (2oz per 10 gal) test today bumped my mpg average up to 38 for a 200 mile trip 75-80mph.
Nice MPGs on the XE. Have to do some searching on Propaine. I'm getting ready to use acetone soon. 2 oz per 10 gallons sounds about right. Not sure if this additive needs any cleaning or dewatering. Sounds like you rigged up some type of real time MPG device. Older cars dont have that standard and my newer car is always 10% off. Combined with the way the most gas pump is rigged to give you 5% less gas than you pay for, most people are pritty happy with the MPGs they think they are getting. This is my wifes car and she only puts 90 miles a week on it compaired to my 550 w/rideshare. Greasin an old Diesel Mercedes was the only way to get uncomprehendable MPGs for me. Lot of work, so life seems to be on the back burner durring tis qwest.