View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
I just read the article and it brings up interesting points of discussion. At the end of the article it asks the question, "should a warrant be required to access vehicle logs"? Of course the answer is yes, just as a warrant would be required to access the information on any other computer I own. I don't find that particular question to be very interesting, unless I'm missing some important reason the government should have access to such information without restrictions.

I think it would be very easy to argue for giving officers control of a vehicle where the occupant has been identified as a criminal. We already allow officers to perform "pit maneuvers" in these instances, and sending a command to a vehicle to pull over is just a less violent approach to forcing compliance.

Of course, criminals will always find ways to circumvent systems of control that maintain order. It's the same problem laws that regulate who and where firearms can be carried is ineffective. Law abiding citizens don't need the system of regulation, and criminals ignore the regulation.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!