View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 12:12 AM   #1916 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
I loaded the hex file into the AC controller without incident.

Then things got a bit more ... interesting ...

After loading the hex file, removing the programmer, and cycling power - all is well!

I have some bad news. I turned off the 12V (so the contactors dropped out), turned on the breaker on the 125VDC pack .. and there was a BANG and some of the smoke came out.

I have a theory:
- my main contactor (Gigavac contactor) welded itself shut, so when I turned on the 125VDC, it shorted across the capacitors and something weakened. The first MOSfet on the DC controller failed (black mark) and the DC motor rotated slightly, after the big BANG and the black smoke and the ozone smell

I turned off the pack, checked voltage on the DC bus (the breaker tripped, but not the fuse) and it was 0. Not close to 0, but 0.00V. Then I checked continuity across the main contactor - 0.1 ohms, same as when I connect the probes directly together. I removed the DC controller from the DC bus on the AC controller. And I rechecked. The resistance between the 2 sides of the main contactor are still 0.1 ohms.

So I took some pictures and I'm posting them ... I'll get back to tuning the AC controller tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2666a.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	18608   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2667a.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	18609   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2668a.jpg
Views:	61