View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #38 (permalink)
niky
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
It is not so bad.
From the first post:

You can see the highest point is behind the B pillar, and at the top of the C pillar, about as far back as the heads of the rear passengers will be, the height is still approx. 145 cm.
Many cars are lower than that.

The styling kind of grows on you.
The 3rd gen Prius I saw in the wild this morning suddenly looked outdated.
Guess I could live with it.
If only it had an H badge

What worries me are the blacked out D pillars and strip above the rear window.
Those optical illusions may be what will make this version look outdated in the future.
As I said... it gives the *illusion* of no rear headroom... even if it does have a higher rear roofline than the old car. (Whose backseat, in my experience, is wonderfully spacious)

It's as if Toyota asked themselves: "What would signal buyers that this car is insanely impractical, even if it isn't?"

The headlights, I think, will date the car. Lots of bare reflector that does nothing... which is weird, considering Toyota/Lexus elsewhere uses freeform headlights that make use of the entire fixture, thanks to LED lighting.

Reducing it to slashes of purposeful LED strips and projectors would have made a more appealing fashion statement than flat pieces of chrome reflector behind acres of clear plastic that'll turn yellow in a few years.