View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 09:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,802 Times in 939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donahue View Post
with running 4, do you just turn 2 off for low beams? i thought projectors typically had moving shutters that were the difference between high/low. i know next to nothing about projectors other than i would love more light.
These LEDs are low beam only, but I do have a set of the reflector high beams from the Murano. I'll wire these up so all 4 turn on with the low beams. In a "bi-xenon" projector (high and low in one unit), the cutoff shield is wired to a solenoid and relay and flips down to let more light out when the highbeams are turned on.

Here's a GIF of bi-xenon projectors flipping between low and high:

These are 4 HID projectors. Nothing in the bulb output itself changes; the cutoff moves out of the way to get more distance from the light that's already there. In a lowbeam-only projector, the cutoff shield is fixed and does not move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Man View Post
I have reflector halogen highs and lows. It would scream rice if I had projectors.
On my last car, I retrofitted Morimoto Mini H1 projectors into the reflector housings; I thought I had a picture of it but can't find it on my computer. It didn't look all that bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vman455 For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (10-11-2015)