View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
eta
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the feed back and interesting info! Paulwelkins, like your design, but mine has to be a 2 seater or my wife won't help me build it! And if it is big enough for two, I'm going to go with the car parts. I love your little bike camper trailer, but why not have your feet sticking out into the bubble instead of your head, don't you have nightmares of being a fish in a tank?
Coyote X, yes the Suzuki struts will stick up in front. On this first prototype I am more concerned with simplifying the building and light weight than with the aerodynamics. This will be a short trip, low speed vehicle that will not even have a body, it will look like a cross between a Lotus Super 7 and a motorcycle. It will have a wide front track for stability because that is everyones first question and biggest concern. At speeds up to about 40 mph, the biggest factor for good economy is overcoming inertia, not air drag. If I can get an engineer interested, then car #2 will have an aerodynamic "kammback" body and maybe double "A" arm front suspension to lower the hood and a narrower front track.