View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #326 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Been testing my new internal fuel system.

My goal was to remove the 3 gallon fuel tank. The tank is to small (need a 6 gallon now) and I really don't like the idea of having a fuel tank inside the drivers cabin. So the last two tanks have been waste solvent added to the stock tank going through my modified fuel system and then to the fuel injectors.

I will have the injectors flow tested and cleaned next spring with the results posted.

I'm also working on the new complete exhaust system out of a 2004 Honda Insight Manual car. I will use the cats and muffler. I will then run my 3"
by-pass boost reference exhaust valve. The valve opens at 8lbs. of boost and will dump to atm. My 2000 Insight has been great for getting information on when to run stoich and for how long to keep the cat happy. Since its a 1.0 liter and my Talon is a 2.0 liter for now I'm going to shorten the lean burn time by 2 and lengthen the stoich time by 2.

Its getting cold here in the PW Northwest and I'm about to switch back to the winter tires and raise the car up 1" to make up for the 1" tall tire offset.
When the snow starts I will add another inch extra for snow clearance. This is going to kill some FE but with the waste solvent working so well I don't really care.lol