View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 04:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Eddie25
EcoModding Apprentice

Fiesta - '06 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Ambiante
90 day: 45.9 mpg (US)

Dakar - '03 BMW f650 GS Dakar (retired)

Tucson - '07 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
90 day: 32.67 mpg (US)
Update. Car broke down. waterpump bearings collapsed. managed to pick up something was wrong and when the temp suddenly rose i pulled off immediately. Car is at mechanics now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotahippee View Post
Is there any gain to be had by knife edging the leading edge of the wiper arm? That would be simple and quick to do. I am sure it would be minimal improvements, but a lot of minimal starts to add up.
im sure this will help but the current mods has hidden almost 80% of the wiper blades so im happy as is. another easier solution is to use those paper binder clips i used as wheel spats and just slide them into place at the trailing edge of the bonnet to deflect air over the parts of the blades sticking out the most.

as for the rear wiper i dont think any air gets there as this is a hatchback. but it is old and needs replacing ...sometime. like i said i like keeping things stock. the wife also uses the car from time to time it was actually bought for her and she is not that impressed with these mods. the less she realizes has changed the better

Last edited by Eddie25; 09-08-2015 at 04:37 AM..