View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 10:09 AM   #1956 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I think we may have another issue to work through. If the motor was spinning, but the list of RPMs after run-rotor-test was all zero, then I think the motor was running sensorlessly. It will still turn without an encoder, but not very fast. It turns slowly, like you describe. So.... I'm starting to think that the controller isn't receiving the encoder ticks. The values that were output from run-rotor-test was a bunch of RPMs, for different rotor time constant values. Then, the idea is to take the rotor time constant that corresponds to the fastest rpm, since it works the best. But all your RPMs were zero, which means there was no ticks coming from the encoder.
I don't have the encoder mounted on this setup, just yet.

I guess that's my next task. The plastic mount I had made for the motor shaft to encoder will work ... but I need to fab up a bit of a mount to take the weight of the encoder and some way of shimming things so that they are basically level/aligned.

After the run-rotor-test ... what do I do with the results? I'm sure that there a command to set the rotor constant, but I don't think I have seen it as yet.

BTW - is there a way to list the present settings? If I had done that, I would have caught the typo on k 3884 instead of p 3884.

Sorry I did not respond last night. I was trying to edit video .. load drivers for obsolete phones .. trying to zoom a window of gopro video ... not a successful evening!
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (09-09-2015)