View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 06:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
ChewChewTrain
EcoModding Apprentice

True Blue - '89 Honda Civic Hatchback, 1.5ltr, 70hp, 4 spd, Base model
Team Honda
90 day: 47.19 mpg (US)

Shorty - '01 Mazda Miata SE
Sports Cars
90 day: 33.66 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
Last time we moved, when it got close to the end and there are empty boxes in the back of the truck. "Why are we hauling empty boxes". "Those are decorative boxes".

"Then why in $%^&*() are the damn things EMPTY!"

Same move last things being picked up. Wife says, "Grab that plant on the front porch".

I grab the plant and toss it into the trunk of my Riviera. Grab a few more thing and when I go to toss them in the truck, I realize that there is an ant's nest in the plant. By now there are ants swarming all over the cars trunk. I throw the damn plant in the ditch next to our house, grab some bug spray and blast heck out of the trunk area. Driving to the new home (18 miles) I SEE FRIGGIN ANTS CRAWLING EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

Bombed the car when I got home.

To top that off ain't easy but here goes. I fire up the 37 Ford coupe to drive it to the new home and the NOS throw out bearing with 100 since replacement miles decides to freeze up and make the worst noise you have ever heard. This is after replacing the complete clutch assembly and having the transmission rebuilt. I towed the car to my old shop and sold it. It never reached the new house where we now live.

I hate doing anything twice with a serious passion. Fall apart on me you $%^&* and your $%^&* is gone.

regards
mech
For some reason, I thought you were going to find a way to blame the ants for the bad throw out bearing.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChewChewTrain For This Useful Post:
user removed (09-09-2015)