View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
iamnotahippee
Carbon Abuser

Olaf - '03 Honda Civic Hybrid

Sven - '06 Volvo Xc90 2.5t

Work Truck - '04 Chevy Silverado 3500
A grille block is an idea, but I don't know if I could have any at all in summer months, as I have a tendency to run warm loaded. The front bumper is currently damaged, so i am going to replace it soon, and a small air dam might work out nicely. It cant hang too low because i do get into some hairy spots from time to time. I have been thinking on the belly pan. My biggest issue is probably that the exhuast comes out under the bed (factory setup on cab and chassis), so there would have to be something done to allow an opening for the exhaust. Another towing related concern is covering the trans oil pan. That deep sump hanging down is part of the cooling, so may have to trim pan to allow exposure of the pan. That might actually help with the cooling of trans, then the pan is getting blasted with fresh, non-preheated air...
Another concern with a grille block would be restricting air flow over the intercooler. I don't know what kind of effect that would have on air intake temps, and in return power output and exhaust Temps.
Do you think side skirts would be a lost cause? I looked at the website for the Bullet Truck and kind of got me inspired.
On the tires, they are 10 ply they are already inflated to 80 psi. Ish...

Last edited by iamnotahippee; 09-10-2015 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: Forgot something