View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 11:10 AM   #1976 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I am just now finished with the config (or settings) command to show all the settings, along with raw throttle. And "bad command or file name. PC load letter" for when you make a mistake. sending hex file now!

That's very strange about the throttle. I probably should add a feature where the throttle is disabled and ignored while the pi and rotor tests are happening.
'PC Load Letter' ... I *LIKE* it ... the controller should be an appliance like a printer but I *HOPE* the error messages will lead you to the problems directly. I dislike printer messages like 'buffer overflow, Press RESET to continue' and 'scan error'

I got the first version of my encoder mount done last night. When I get home tonight I will download the firmware to the controller, set P and I, then run-rotor-test. How long does that take to run? I need to make room on my phone to take the video ...

I will have my hand on the high-voltage cutoff in case the speed goes too high or my coupler alignment causes issues.

I'm not sure how many pole pairs there are on the motor. It's not on the motor nameplate? Perhaps I will measure the frequency output of the motor and use an rpm counter to check.

This is the link to EVTV where the motor was purchased EVTV Motor Verks Store: 1 Siemens 1PV5135-4WS14 AC Induction Motor, Motors and Controllers, 1PV5135

Looking through the specs - they list a rotor inertia of 0.068 kg/m2 ... if that helps to somehow determine if my rotor test values make sense?