View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 12:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,597 Times in 7,080 Posts
Poor neglected thread.

Well, I got a scanner/fax/inkjet for $16 (before the discount). My first print shows it needs only one of the five colors and my first scan shows an anomaly on the right side. It will be fine for Kodachrome prints.

I mentioned this back at Permalink #5:

Quote:
On the other hand, I have a design for a teardrop that would scale down to bicycle or motorcycle size that is the traditional flat-sided shape. I'm not sure where people's interests lie.
The top bows are based on the design of an old Model T touring top, with the three top bows supporting a waterproof or even inflatable top. Everything below that could be multiple layers that roll up: rain-fly or mosquito netting. Straps would allow rolling up both/all layers to open it up in nice weather.

The cabinet (or shelf) that folds out can create a platform as long as the bed of the trailer. Scalable from bicycle-size on up, it could be flat sided or curve sided to the point the top would be like 1/3 of a torus. The hinge line is far up the back enough that the top/floor lies on the 'transom' to take stress off the piano hinge.

This is more of a 'travel' trailer than a 'camping' trailer. I figure if you can get gas you can get food.

Two years later and I still don't have a trailer hitch.

Last edited by freebeard; 09-13-2015 at 12:46 AM..