View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
CapriRacer
Tire Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasitter View Post
My truck currently has Kumho Solus KR21 235/75R15 tires, 108T XL 2183 lbs weight rating, 6.5" tread width and weighing 28-29 pounds. These are not LRR tires..........
I'm truncating the post to save space, but I do want to indicate what I am replying to.

First, "LRR" is a relative term, not an absolute one. It means the tire in question has lower RR than a tire with similar treadwear and traction characteristics. It does NOT mean it has low RR.

Second, does your vehicle NEED a 235/75R15 XL? I ask that because tire shops are not likely to apply a tire with a lower load index. Put a different way, what is your vehicle - year, make, model?

Third, I hope you realize that wheels are going to be expensive and you are not likely to recoup the cost. So are you willing to spend the money in spite of knowing you won't recover the cost in fuel economy?

And lastly, the actual amount of improvement in fuel economy you will receive is very much dependent on your actual driving conditions. For example, someone doing stop and go driving is not going to experience much of an improvement in FE compared to someone who has a long commute on an Interstate highway.

Visit my website: www.BarrysTireTech.com
New Content every month!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CapriRacer For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (09-20-2015), Xist (09-14-2015)