View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 09:39 AM   #1987 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Some of the dead spots could be commanding a valid huge throttle before the fault is triggered, since it averages 128 throttle reads before using it. The bang may have been commanding 400amp per phase, at zero rpm. A hall effect that looks just like a POT is around $25 from mouser i think. I got the 180 degree turn option. Its good to 10,000,000 cycles i think.

The rpm values you are seeing are actually rev per 16 sec. So it was actually 60/16 times those values in rpm. Your highest value was about 5000rpm. Dang.

I made the index start at 1 for counting rather than zero for the rotor test. So i think you would pick 41. Your motor is more sensitive to the right rotor time constant. I think I'll increase the resolution a bit so you have a wider range of values to choose from. It won't matter much, but this is a very valuable piece of info.

By the way, I have a new unloaded motor test you can try. It will tell you the stator inductance. That's one of the variables needed for the sensorless code. I'll send a hex file later for that. I'll disable throttle completely, and then you just run the code. It will automatically spin up the motor to like 5000RPM, and then will automatically compute the inductance and print it on the screen.

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 09-14-2015 at 12:02 PM..