View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 11:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
spacemanspif
Spaced out...

The New Focus - '07 Ford Focus ZX5
90 day: 32.44 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
You asked so here goes.

1. I would never buy any car the PO used to pull stumps, having pulled a few myself, I used an excavator.
X10

It's ok to say it has tons of room and you only needed to make 2 trips to move everything you own. It's ok to say it handles ice/snow very well when you have gone skiing. It's NOT ok to say you have used it to pull stumps out of the ground and off roading might scare people too.

There is being honest about the car and then there is too much information. You aren't being dishonest, just changing your delivery. Lots of people I talk to say "I want them to know everything so they feel better buying it" but all they are doing is devaluing their car. Many cars have been used outside of their intended purpose and people assume that when buying a used car. As long as the stump didn't cause the trans or differentials to blow; the car survived the project and no one needs to know it ever happened as it didn't cause any problems.

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 - 91k - SGII, pending upper and lower grill bocks - auto trans
1987 Monte Carlo SS - 5.3/4L80E swap - 13.67 @ 106
2007 Ford Focus Estate - 230k - 33mpg - Retired 4/2018
1995 Saturn SL2 - 256K miles - 44mpg - Retired 9/2014

Cost to Operate Spreadsheet for "The New Focus"

The Following User Says Thank You to spacemanspif For This Useful Post:
Xist (09-14-2015)