View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 12:29 PM   #1988 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Some of the dead spots could be commanding a valid huge throttle before the fault is triggered, since it averages 128 throttle reads before using it. The bang may have been commanding 400amp per phase, at zero rpm.
I have video edited and uploaded. I've been adding youtube links to the status for the day. But I'll let you know about this one - a mounting bolt fell out of the ring cap and shorted across the DC bus. It was a *BIG BANG*.

Quote:
A hall effect that looks just like a POT is around $25 from mouser i think. I got the 180 degree turn option. Its good to 10,000,000 cycles i think.
I'll look it up. It'll be worth it. The parts for the IGBT drivers are on back-order until .. mid november!

Quote:
The rpm values you are seeing are actually rev per 16 sec. So it was actually 60/16 times those values in rpm. Your highest value was about 5000rpm. Dang.
Not sure my setup would take 9000 rpm. I need to do some work on the mechanical alignment.

Quote:
I made the index start at 1 for counting rather than zero for the rotor test. So i think you would pick 41.
Good to know. My memory is not what it used to be!

Quote:
Your motor is more sensitive to the right rotor time constant. I think I'll increase the resolution a bit so you have a wider range of values to choose from. It won't matter much, but this is a very valuable piece of info.
Glad that some of this testing is helping!

Quote:
By the way, I have a new unloaded motor test you can try. It will tell you the stator inductance. That's one of the variables needed for the sensorless code. I'll send a hex file later for that. I'll disable throttle completely, and then you just run the code. It will automatically spin up the motor to like 5000RPM, and then will automatically compute the inductance and print it on the screen.
OK - I'll be working on the alignment late this afternoon. Maybe doing more testing this evening.
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (09-14-2015)