View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 08:45 PM   #2001 (permalink)
e*clipse
Permanent Apprentice

Paul - I have an old schematic too. I agree it would be possible to just change a few pin names to run the main program.

Here are a few differences I noticed about the new design ( Or maybe a mid-new design LOL! ) The new design I'm referring to has one control board with the drivers on that board. BTW, I think the new new design with seperate driver boards is awesome!

3 current inputs on new design vs 2 on old design
get rid of the "heartbeat" circuitry on new design
Also the new design has 4 open pins: 10, 15, 16, and 24
Moved the LED to pin 17

Anyway, NBD - all this can be adjusted for in code.

Do you have any code that just puts out a sin wave (like volts/hz mode with an adjustable frequency or fixed frequency with an adjustable PWM amount?

That would make debugging easy, rather than trying to track down overcurrent error logic etc.

Regarding the Prius throttle - you're right - it would be hard to test with, but I think it would make an excellent EV throttle. One thing about them (or hall-effect potentiometers) that might help your worn space problem is they seem to have a somewhat limited output between 0.5 (or so) volts and 4.5 (or so volts) If the output is in the 0.5 > 4.5V range, the controller knows things are functioning correctly. Otherwise, it could force a controlled shut-down.

The Prius pedal takes this one step further with parallel outputs that look like a hystresis curve. Here's some info, courtesy of EV West:
http://evwest.com/support/prius_pedal.pdf

If you had two throttle inputs, the controller could work with this.

- E*clipse