View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
oil pan 4
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
You left out drive shaft angles.
If you go up 7 inches you will be changing rear U-joints every oil change or running around like one of those idiots with a 4x4 with no front drive shaft because they shell out front U-joints every 500 miles.

You will also need something like a anti sway bar disconnect like the dodge power wagon has. Its an electronic anti sway disconnect, you can switch between on road and off road mode on the fly. It auto reconnects above 35mph so you don't pull off the trail and on to the highway, change lanes, lose control, go off into the medium, flip the vehicle and die.
The Powerwagon gets 10mpg highway from what I hear.

My mechanical engineer says everything he learns about raising a vehicle up significantly and/or putting much bigger tires on a truck or SUV the more he hates the idea.
His off road Toyota and towing excursion have stock height suspension and tires that are stock size or very close to it.

He would love to lift his excursion and Toyota and put huge tires on them and if there was a way to keep the vehicles as strong, stabile, reliable as they are in stock form he would have already done it.

I think this is what you need to meet all your specifications aside for fuel economy, which just isn't going to happen.

All you need is 300,000 British pounds and pass a background check to make sure you are not some kind of villain.
Only problem I see is the wind screen wipers are not lion proof and the tire can not withstand 7 pounds of C4.
It seems that it sets off car alarms when it drives through brick walls.
And they should have been playing the A-team theme song through out the whole clip.

Last edited by oil pan 4; 09-15-2015 at 02:41 AM..