View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 03:55 PM   #45 (permalink)
320touring
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Hammered this down to a Classic Car show near Chester a couple of weekends back-

performed without fault, and papped a happy 63.08mpg for the 766 miles covered

To this end, I'd decided that I should actually see what she is needing to see her MOT in Dec.

All the brakes have been done, so my focus was more on the suspension and exhaust.

All 4 tyres could do with replacing soon-can get them for circa £35 a corner (Uniroyal rain experts) in super comfy 195/65/15.

Onto the suspension then..

Front arm rear bushes

Balljoints

the front bushes seemed fine too- no real deflection when a jemmy was applied- so it looks like both front arms are in servicable condition.

The CV boots were spot on, as werr the track rod ends. That said, the front tyres are feathering on the inside edge so tracking could do with being done - likely pick it up when doing the tyres

The ARB droplinks looked ok, but are so damn cheap they may get done regardless

It seems the big issue with the suspension is that after 190k miles the dampers are pretty much done..

this was the best looking of the 4.

Replacements come in at circa £150 for 4 Bilstein B4-not too bad. Big buggeration will be trying to get the 13 year old bolts to shift from topmonts and the lower mount points.

They seem to be a common failure point- but replacements can be collected from the dealer.

US MPG for my Renault Clio 182

---------------------------------------------------